Which health plan is best for you and your family?
Choosing the right health plan can be a difficult task. Learn more about your various health plan
options to determine what the best health plan is for you and your family.
HMO Health Plans
- HMO means "Health Maintenance Organization". HMO plans offer a wide range of healthcare services through a network of providers who agree to supply services to members.
PPO Health Plans
- PPO plans, or "Preferred Provider Organization" plans, are one of the most popular types of plans in the Individual and Family market.
EPO Health Plans
- As a member of an EPO, you can use the doctors and hospitals within the EPO network, but cannot go outside the network for care.
POS Health Plans
- A Point of Service(POS) plan has some of the qualities of HMO and PPO plans with benefit levels varying depending on whether you receive your care in or out of the health insurance company's network of providers.
Indemnity Health Plan
- Indemnity plans allow you to direct your own heath care and visit almost any doctor or hospital you like. Indemnity plans are also referred to as "fee-for-service" plans.
Network Health Plan
- The name "Network" comes from the large group of physicians, hospitals, and other health care providers that have agreed to provide medical services to a health insurance plan's memebers at discounted costs.
High Risk Insurance Pools
- Some states can decline health insurance applications if you have a pre-existing medical condition. However, many states offer health plans that are similar to the coverage in comprehensive individual health insurance plans.
Catastrophic Health Plans
- Catastrophic health insurance plans are designed to provide an emergency safety net to protect you against unexpected medical costs.