Georgia Health Insurance
Find individual health insurance in Georgia
Discover more plans at the lowest available cost.Find plans in my area
Georgia Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in Georgia:
- Total Georgia Residents - 9,467,121
- Total Georgia uninsured residents - 17.77%
- Total Georgia HMO enrollment - 1,828,281
- Avg annual employee premium in GA employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $972
- Avg GA hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1,279
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
Georgia Health Plans
Looking to purchase Georgia health insurance? We offer a broad selection of Georgia health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading Georgia health insurance companies.
Georgia State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within Georgia:
Georgia Department of Community Health
The Department of Community Health insures nearly 2 million people, maximizing the state's health care purchasing power while planning coverage for uninsured Georgians and coordinating health planning for state agencies.
Georgia PeachCare for Kids
PeachCare is free or low-cost health insurance for uninsured children. Information is available in both Spanish and English.
Georgia Department of Community Health Directory
Contact information for all community health departments including the Office of Rural Health Services, the Office of Minority Health and the Office of Women's Health.