Illinois Health Insurance
Find individual health insurance in Illinois
Discover more plans at the lowest available cost.Find plans in my area
Illinois Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in Illinois:
- Total Illinois Residents - 12,667,980
- Total Illinois uninsured residents - 13.17%
- Total Illinois HMO enrollment - 1,583,980
- Avg annual employee premium in IL employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $954
- Avg IL hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1,799
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
Illinois Health Plans
Looking to purchase Illinois health insurance? We offer a broad selection of Illinois health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading Illinois health insurance companies.
Illinois State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within Illinois:
Health Care Resources
The Health and Welfare Department makes available resources that provide specific information on health care needs.
Health insurance for parents or caregivers living with children 18 years old or younger
Illinois All Kids
All Kids is a program offering health care coverage to children, pregnant women and their babies. This program also helps individuals pay the premiums from employer or private health insurance plans.