Indiana Health Insurance
Find individual health insurance in Indiana
Discover more plans at the lowest available cost.Find plans in my area
Indiana Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in Indiana:
- Total Indiana Residents - 6,273,918
- Total Indiana uninsured residents - 11.87%
- Total Indiana HMO enrollment - 1,080,961
- Avg annual employee premium in IN employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $950
- Avg IN hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1,849
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
Indiana Health Plans
Looking to purchase Indiana health insurance? We offer a broad selection of Indiana health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading Indiana health insurance companies.
Indiana State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within Indiana:
Hoosier Healthwise is a health insurance program for qualifying children, pregnant women, and low-income families.
Family, Health and Safety Resources
Provides information on resources available from the state of Indiana
Children's Special Healthcare Services
The purpose of The Children's Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) program is to provide financial assistance for critical medical treatment to children with serious medical conditions.