Iowa Health Insurance
Find individual health insurance in Iowa
Discover more plans at the lowest available cost.Find plans in my area
Iowa Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in Iowa:
- Total Iowa Residents - 2,976,832
- Total Iowa uninsured residents - 9.38%
- Total Iowa HMO enrollment - 224,150
- Avg annual employee premium in IA employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $756
- Avg IA hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1,132
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
Iowa Health Plans
Looking to purchase Iowa health insurance? We offer a broad selection of Iowa health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading Iowa health insurance companies.
Iowa State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within Iowa:
Iowa Department of Public Health
This page contains a list of services available through the Iowa Department of Public Health.
Iowa Health and Human Services
This page contains an alphabetical listing of divisions, bureaus and programs within the Iowa Department of Public Health.