How Can I Contact Medicare?
There are many reasons you may want to use the Medicare phone number to contact Medicare. For example you may want to ask general questions such as:
- Does Medicare cover hearing aids?
- What is the Part A coinsurance cost for a hospital stay?
- How can I get Medicare prescription drug coverage?
- Is my spouse eligible for Medicare?
- How can I get dental and vision coverage?
- How can a Medicare Supplement plan help me?
- Can I get help paying for Medicare?
You also can ask specific questions about:
- Medical records
What is the Medicare phone number?
Medicare representatives are available to answer your questions 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, in all time zones. During busy times, you may be put on hold as representatives assist other callers.
- The Medicare phone number is 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227)
- TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048
The representative may ask for your Medicare number before answering your questions. If you don’t have a Medicare number or don’t wish to provide it, you can generally still get your general questions answered. Before you make a phone call, you may try getting some answers to general Medicare questions here.
How else can I contact Medicare?
The Medicare mailing address is:
Medicare Contact Center Operations
PO Box 1270
Lawrence, KS 66044
At this time, there is no Medicare email address to send questions to.
Can someone else contact Medicare for me?
If you want Medicare to be able to give your personal information to someone other than you, you need to fill out an Authorization to Disclose Personal Health Information. If you have a general question for Medicare that doesn’t involve your personal information, someone can call Medicare on your behalf without an authorization form.