Mississippi Health Insurance
Find individual health insurance in Mississippi
Discover more plans at the lowest available cost.Find plans in my area
Mississippi Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in Mississippi:
- Total Mississippi Residents - 2,893,257
- Total Mississippi uninsured residents - 18.39%
- Total Mississippi HMO enrollment - 44,199
- Avg annual employee premium in MS employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $749
- Avg MS hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1,179
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
Mississippi Health Plans
Looking to purchase Mississippi health insurance? We offer a broad selection of Mississippi health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading Mississippi health insurance companies.
Mississippi State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within Mississippi:
Mississippi Personal Health Resources
Information on all services offered by the Mississippi Department of Health.
Mississippi Children's Health Insurance
CHIP is a free or low cost private health plan for children in families meeting the family size and income requirements.
Health Care For Children with Disabilities
First Steps is a program that matches the unique needs of infants and toddlers who have developmental delays with the professional resources available within the community.