Nebraska Health Insurance
Find individual health insurance in Nebraska
Discover more plans at the lowest available cost.Find plans in my area
Nebraska Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in Nebraska:
- Total Nebraska Residents - 1,758,755
- Total Nebraska uninsured residents - 12.6%
- Total Nebraska HMO enrollment - 81,977
- Avg annual employee premium in NE employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $1,010
- Avg NE hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1,250
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
Nebraska Health Plans
Looking to purchase Nebraska health insurance? We offer a broad selection of Nebraska health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading Nebraska health insurance companies.
Nebraska State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within Nebraska:
Nebraska Medicaid Program
The Nebraska Medical Assistance Program is jointly funded by the State and the federal governments to provide medical services to those who cannot afford to pay for medically necessary services.
Nebraska Family Health Services
Includes information on adolescent and school health, immunizations, nutrition, newborn screening.
Nebraska Office of Minority Health Services
The Office of Minority Health and Human Services advances the interests of people of color in order to reduce the disparity that exists between the health status of racial and ethnic minorities and non-minorities in Nebraska.