New York Health Insurance
Find individual health insurance in New York
Discover more plans at the lowest available cost.Find plans in my area
New York Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in New York:
- Total New York Residents - 19,193,024
- Total New York uninsured residents - 13.65%
- Total New York HMO enrollment - 5,349,838
- Avg annual employee premium in NY employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $947
- Avg NY hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1,673
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
New York Health Plans
Looking to purchase New York health insurance? We offer a broad selection of New York health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading New York health insurance companies.
New York State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within New York:
Family Health Plus
Family Health Plus is a public health insurance program for adults between the ages of 19 and 64 who do not have health insurance and have incomes too high to qualify for Medicaid.
Healthy NY; Health Insurance for the Uninsured
Uninsured workers whose employers do not provide health insurance may also purchase comprehensive coverage directly through the Healthy NY program.
New York Medicaid Program
Medicaid is a program for New Yorkers who can't pay for medical care.