2019 Open Enrollment Dates for Illinois (Obamacare / Affordable Care Act) Health Insurance
Here is the breakout on open enrollment dates in each state. Keep reading to learn more about the Illinois Open Enrollment Period.
Watch Our Video on How Open Enrollment Works
How much is health insurance a month for a single person in Illinois? According to the latest eHealth marketplace survey, these are starting prices for a 40-year-old woman buying individual coverage in Illinois.
|Zip, City, State|| Lowest Cost Major Medical Plan at Healthcare.gov on 10/2/2018
|| Lowest Cost
90-Day Short-Term Plan eHealth.com on 10/2/2018
|Lowest Cost 12-Month Short-Term Plan at eHealth.com on 10/2/2018|
How do I get cheap health insurance during the Open Enrollment Period in Illinois?
- Assess your personal needs: Do you need Rx coverage? Do you have a doctor you like?
- Research available options in your Illinois: Start at eHealth.com to compare Obamacare plans, short-term plans and other alternatives.
- Understand which options you can qualify for: You can enroll in any Obamacare plan during open enrollment in Illinois. For short-term health insurance and other medical insurance alternatives, you can apply any time, but you typically need to answer medical questions and may be declined.
- See if you qualify for discounts: ACA plans may be available to you with a tax credit, which can save you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on monthly premiums. Even if you are enrolling in health insurance through eHealth during open enrollment in Illinois, you will still be able to apply government tax credits to your ACA plan.
- Make sure your prescriptions are covered: eHealth.com provides a prescription drug coverage comparison tool that helps you find the plan that covers your drugs with the lowest out-of-pocket cost.
- Make sure your doctor is covered: eHealth has a physician finder tool that let’s you compare plans using your preferred doctor.
- Enroll online: eHealth makes it easy to complete your health insurance application online during open enrollment in Illinois, even if you qualify for a tax credit.
Which health insurance companies sell individual health insurance policies during open enrollment in Illinois?
|Insurers in Illinois with Plans Available on eHealth.com||Short-Term Health Insurance||Major Medical Health Insurance||Medical Insurance Packages|
|Companion Life Insurance||Yes||No||No|
|National General Accident & Health||Yes||No||No|
|Blue Cross, Blue Shield of Illinois||No||Yes||No|
|My Health Alliance||No||Yes||No|
How much can people save on prescription drug coverage with an Obamacare plan during open enrollment in Illinois? eHealth’s latest research found that the average customer who used our Rx drug tool saved $1,600 out-of-pocket on drug costs.