Affordable Care Act
2019 Open Enrollment in Ohio (Obamacare / Affordable Care Act) Health Insurance
Published on October 23, 2018
Here is the breakout of all open enrollment dates listed by state. Keep reading to learn more about Open Enrollment in Ohio.
Watch our video on Health Insurance Open Enrollment Periods
How much is health insurance a month for a single person in Ohio? If you’re looking to buy health insurance during the Open Enrollment Period in Ohio, your first concern is probably the cost of plans.According to the latest eHealth marketplace survey, these are starting prices for a 40-year-old woman buying individual coverage in Ohio
|Zip, City, State|| Lowest Cost Major Medical Plan at Healthcare.gov on 10/2/2018
|| Lowest Cost
90-Day Short-Term Plan eHealth.com on 10/2/2018
|Lowest Cost 12-Month Short-Term Plan at eHealth.com on 10/2/2018|
How do I get cheap health insurance during the Enrollment Period in Ohio?
- Assess your personal needs: Do you need Rx coverage? Do you have a doctor you like?
- Research available options in your Ohio: Start at eHealth.com to compare Obamacare plans, short-term plans and other alternatives.
- Understand which options you can qualify for: You can enroll in any Obamacare plan during open enrollment. For short-term health insurance and other medical insurance alternatives, you can apply any time, but you typically need to answer medical questions and may be declined.
- See if you qualify for discounts: ACA plans may be available to you with a tax credit, which can save you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on monthly premiums.
- Make sure your prescriptions are covered: eHealth.com provides a prescription drug coverage comparison tool that helps you find the plan that covers your drugs with the lowest out-of-pocket cost.
- Make sure your doctor is covered: eHealth has a physician finder tool that let’s you compare plans using your preferred doctor.
- Enroll online: eHealth makes it easy to complete your health insurance application online during the Open Enrollment Period in Ohio. If you qualify for a tax credit through the government, you’ll still be able to apply it to your ACA plan bought through eHealth.
What health insurance companies sell individual health insurance policies in Ohio?
|Insurers in Ohio with Plans Available on eHealth.com||Short-Term Health Insurance||Major Medical Health Insurance||Medical Insurance Packages|
|Companion Life Insurance||Yes||No||No|
|National General Accident & Health||Yes||No||No|
|Anthem BCBS, Ohio||No||Yes||No|
|Oscar Insurance Company||No||Yes||No|