Affordable Care Act
2020 Open Enrollment Period in Tennessee (Obamacare)
Updated on November 05, 2019
Watch our video on Health Insurance Open Enrollment Periods
How much is health insurance a month for a single person in Tennessee?
According to the latest eHealth marketplace survey, these are starting prices for a 40-year-old woman buying individual coverage in Tennessee
|Zip, City, State||Lowest Cost Major Medical Plan at Healthcare.gov on 10/2/2018|| Lowest Cost|
90-Day Short-Term Plan eHealth.com on 10/2/2018
|Lowest Cost 12-Month Short-Term Plan at eHealth.com on 10/2/2018|
How do I get cheap health insurance in Tennessee?
In order to find health insurance that both suits your health insurance needs and your budget it is wise to:
- Assess your personal needs:Do you need Rx coverage? Do you have a doctor you like? Think about the coverage you – and your family, if applicable – have received in the past and may need in the future. Think about if you want to schedule any large medical procedures for the upcoming year. All of these things may affect what kind of health insurance plan you buy.
- Research available options in your Tennessee:Start at eHealth.com to compare Obamacare plans, short-term plans and other alternatives.
- Understand which options you can qualify for: You can enroll in any Obamacare plan during open enrollment. For short-term health insurance and other medical insurance alternatives, you can apply any time, but you typically need to answer medical questions and may be declined.
If you qualify for a special enrollment period, you will have a 60-day window to enroll in major medical insurance outside of open enrollment. You can read more about special enrollment periods and qualifying life events on eHealth’s resource center.
- See if you qualify for discounts: ACA plans may be available to you with a tax credit, which can save you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on monthly premiums.
- Make sure your prescriptions are covered: eHealth.com provides a prescription drug coverage comparison tool that helps you find the plan that covers your drugs with the lowest out-of-pocket cost.
- Make sure your doctor is covered:eHealth has a physician finder tool that lets you compare plans using your preferred doctor.
- Enroll online: eHealth makes it easy to complete your health insurance application online, even if you qualify for a tax credit.
What health insurance companies sell individual health insurance policies in Tennessee?
|Insurers in Tennessee with Plans Available on eHealth.com||Short-Term Health Insurance||Major Medical Health Insurance||Medical Insurance Packages|
|Companion Life Insurance||Yes||No||No|
|National General Accident & Health||Yes||No||No|
|BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee||No||Yes||No|
|Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company||No||Yes||No|
|Oscar Insurance Company of Texas||No||Yes||No|
|Bright Health Plans||No||Yes||No|
How much can people save on prescription drug coverage with an Obamacare plan?
In Tennessee, eHealth’s average customer who used our Rx drug tool saved $1,600 out-of-pocket on drug costs, according to the latest research.