Wondering what the open enrollment dates are for North Carolina? Read on to learn more about open enrollment in NC and other info on getting coverage!
Keep reading to learn more about enrolling in health insurance during the Open Enrollment Period in North Carolina.
Watch our video on Health Insurance Open Enrollment Periods
How much is health insurance a month for a single person in North Carolina?
If you’re purchasing health insurance in North Carolina, you may want to start browsing the plans available in your area as the open enrollment period approaches. to the latest eHealth marketplace survey, these are starting prices for a 40-year-old woman buying individual coverage in North Carolina
|Zip, City, State|| Lowest Cost Bronze Plan
|6-Month short-term plan (lowest priced plan on eHealth.com 7/17/2019)||12-Month short-term plan (lowest priced plan on eHealth.com 7/17/2019)|
How do I get cheap health insurance in North Carolina?
- Assess your personal needs:Do you need Rx coverage? Do you have a doctor you like?
- Research available options in your North Carolina:Start at eHealth.com to compare Obamacare plans, short-term plans and other alternatives.
- Understand which options you can qualify for: You can enroll in any Obamacare plan during open enrollment. For short-term health insurance and other medical insurance alternatives, you can apply any time, but you typically need to answer medical questions and may be declined.
- See if you qualify for discounts: ACA plans may be available to you with a tax credit, which can save you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on monthly premiums.
- Make sure your prescriptions are covered: eHealth.com provides a prescription drug coverage comparison tool that helps you find the plan that covers your drugs with the lowest out-of-pocket cost.
- Make sure your doctor is covered: eHealth has a physician finder tool that lets you compare plans using your preferred doctor.
- Enroll online: eHealth makes it easy to complete your health insurance application online, even if you qualify for a tax credit.
What health insurance companies sell individual health insurance policies in North Carolina?
|Insurers in North Carolina with Plans Available on eHealth.com||Short-Term Health Insurance||Major Medical Health Insurance||Medical Insurance Packages|
|Companion Life Insurance||Yes||No||No|
|National General Accident & Health||Yes||No||No|
|Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc.||No||Yes||No|
Other Insurers on the Exchange, but not available at eHealth in North Carolina:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NC