Florida Health Insurance
Find individual health insurance in Florida
Discover more plans at the lowest available cost.Find plans in my area
Florida Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in Florida:
- Total Florida Residents - 18,016,996
- Total Florida uninsured residents - 20.17%
- Total Florida HMO enrollment - 3,539,153
- Avg annual employee premium in FL employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $1,065
- Avg FL hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1,652
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
Florida Health Plans
Looking to purchase Florida health insurance? We offer a broad selection of Florida health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading Florida health insurance companies.
Florida State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within Florida:
Florida Public Health Dental Program
The Public Health Dental Program is committed to promoting and developing community-based preventive, educational and treatment programs which emphasize the elimination of oral health disparities.
Starting as low as $15 a month, KidCare offers low-cost health insurance for the uninsured children of Florida.