Individual and Family
2020 Open Enrollment Dates in Georgia
Updated on November 15, 2019
Watch our video on Health Insurance Open Enrollment Periods
How much is health insurance per month for a single person in Georgia?
According to eHealth.com and Healthcare.gov, these are the starting prices for a 40-year-old woman buying individual coverage in Georgia:
How do I get cheap health insurance in during the Open Enrollment Period in Georgia?
- Assess your personal needs: Think about the coverage you have received in the past and think about the healthcare services that you may plan on receiving in the coming year. Ask yourself if you need Rx coverage and if you have a doctor you like. These questions may affect which kind of plan you choose.
- Research available options in your Georgia: Compare Obamacare plans, short-term plans, and other alternatives online. A great place to start is on eHealth.com.
- Understand which options you can qualify for: You can enroll in any Obamacare plan during open enrollment. When it comes to short-term health insurance or other alteranatives to major medical plans, you can apply online at anytime. However, unlike Obamacare plans, when applying for short-term plans and other alternatives you may be declined coverage.
- See if you qualify for discounts: Depending on what your yearly salary is in comparison to the Federal Poverty Line, you may qualify for tax credits or extra savings thanks to the ACA. These subsidies can save you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on your monthly premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Make sure your prescriptions are covered: eHealth.com provides a prescription drug coverage comparison tool that helps you find the plan that covers your drugs with the lowest out-of-pocket cost.
- Make sure your doctor is covered: Finding a doctor you like and who meets your health care needs can be difficult. But making sure your preferred physician is in-network doesn’t have to be. eHealth has a physician finder tool that lets you compare plans that cover your preffered doctor.
- Enroll online: You can easily enroll in a health insurance plan online with eHealth, even if you qualify for an ACA subsidy.
What health insurance companies sell individual health insurance policies in Georgia?
Other Insurers on the Exchange, but not available at eHealth in Georgia
Alliant Health Plans