Wondering what the open enrollment dates are for Texas? Learn when you can enroll in health insurance for the 2020 coverage year.
In Texas, if you’re applying for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA or Obamacare), your open enrollment period for the 2020 coverage year begins on November 1, 2020.
How much is health insurance a month for a single person in Texas?
According an eHealth marketplace survey, these are starting prices for coverage in Texas
- Obamacare or Major Medical coverage for a 40-year-old costs $227.85 per month1
- A 12-Month Short-Term Health Insurance plan* for a 40-year-old costs $111.24 2
1 This is based on the lowest cost plan available for a 40-year-old on Healthcare.gov in October of 2018.
2 This is based on the lowest cost plan available for a 40-year-old woman on eHealth.com with a $5,000 deductible and 20% coinsurance, or less.
How do I get cheap health insurance in Texas?
- Figure out your personal needs: Do you need prescription coverage? Do you have a doctor you like?
- Research the options you have in Texas:Start at eHealth.com to compare Obamacare plans, short-term plans and other alternatives.
- Research the options you can qualify for:You can enroll in any Obamacare plan during open enrollment. For short-term health insurance and other medical insurance alternatives, you can apply any time, but you typically need to answer medical questions and may be declined.
- See if you qualify for discounts or subsidies: ACA plans may be available to you with a tax credit, which can save you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on monthly premiums
- Be certain your prescription drugs are covered: com provides a prescription drug coverage comparison tool that helps you find the plan that covers your drugs with the lowest out-of-pocket cost
- Find plans that accept your doctor: eHealth has a physician finder tool that lets you compare plans using your preferred doctor.
- Apply online: eHealth makes it easy to complete your health insurance application online, even if you qualify for a tax credit.
How much is health insurance per month for a single person in Texas?
With the Open Enrollment period coming to an end, you’re probably starting to think about the cost of health insurance plans in Texas. According to the most recent data online, here are the starting prices for coverage for a single 40-year-old man in Texas:
|Zip, City, State|| Lowest Priced Bronze
(Healthcare.gov on 7/17/2020)
|12-Month short-term plan (Lowest Priced Plan)
|73301, Austin, TX||$313.55||$125.82|
1This is based on the lowest cost plan available on Healthcare.gov in July 2019
2This is based on the lowest cost plan available on eHealth.com with a 10K deductible, 20% coinsurance, or less
How much can people save on prescription drug coverage with an Obamacare plan?
In Texas, the average person using eHealth’s Rx drug tool saved over $2,000 on out-of-pocket drug costs by having an Obamacare plan, according to research from eHealth.com.
What types of health insurance can I get in Texas?
|Insurance Companies in Texas with Plans Available on eHealth.com||Short-Term Health Insurance||Major Medical Health Insurance||Medical Insurance Packages|
|Blue Cross, Blue Shield of Texas||No||Yes||No|
|Companion Life Insurance||Yes||No||No|
|National General Accident & Health||Yes||No||No|