eHealth offers small business health insurance plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield and other top companies.
eHealth offers small business health insurance plans from many of the top health insurance companies, including Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS). Keep reading to learn about how Blue Cross Blue Shield plans and other group health insurance options are available through eHealth’s online marketplace.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is a nationwide network made up of 36 independent and locally operated health insurance companies that provide health coverage to millions of people in every ZIP code and in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. BCBS plans are a popular choice of health insurance, as demonstrated by the following facts and figures:
- There are 106 million health plan members insured under Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Through their companies, Blue Cross Blue Shield insures one in three Americans.
- BCBS companies partner and contract with more than 90 percent of the nation’s doctors, hospitals, and specialists, which is more than any other health insurer.
Founded in 1929, the BCBS companies evolved from the country’s oldest health insurance provider by starting with a grassroots approach to prepaid hospital plans that ultimately would have a significant influence on the nation’s health care practices.
Overall, BCBS has distinguished itself through its focus on continuously improving its health care system, meeting the needs of local communities, and creating customized products and services.
Blue Cross Blue Shield plans are widely adopted
BCBS is notable for its scale, structure, and history. Here are some other relevant facts about BCBS’s role as a major health insurance company with national coverage and widely adopted health plans.
- In the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)’s most recent annual report, Blue Cross Blue Shield’s insurance market share in California, which has most significant market share compared to BCBS in all other U.S. states, was 1.69 percent.
- When added together, the sum of BCBS and all of its local subsidiaries actually form a much larger part of the national health insurance company market share.
- BCBS was rated “among the best” for J.D. Power Member Satisfaction Index Rankings in Massachusetts.
- The BCBS Federal Employee Program insures over 5 million federal employees, retirees, and their families.
With the availability of health care plans across the country and a wide range of health coverage choices, BCBS is among the most trusted and reliable health insurance companies on the market.
Using eHealth to find BCBS small business health insurance
Many small businesses use Blue Cross Blue Shield for group health insurance plans. In fact, BCBS companies insure 7.3 million people who work for small businesses.
eHealth makes it easy to shop for small business plans available from some of the best health insurance companies, including UnitedHealthcare, Aetna, Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, Humana, Cigna, Wellcare, Highmark, and Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC). eHealth allows you to compare group plans from these companies and more, all in one place.
Shopping for group health insurance plans through eHealth’s marketplace gives you the advantages of:
- Customized Group Health Quotes – With eHealth, you can find the best selection of personalized quotes for your company based on your budget and coverage preferences.
- Useful Group Plan Comparisons – You can compare a variety of options for group plan rates and benefits by choosing from multiple leading, brand-name health insurance companies.
- World-Class Customer Service – eHealth’s licensed agents can help answer your questions, give unbiased advice, and provide ongoing support after you purchase your group health plan.
eHealth’s website and representatives can help you find small business health insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield and other top health insurance companies. Visit eHealth today to see if BCBS group health insurance coverage is available in your area.