What's more, we have a clear vision for a healthy Georgia – to help improve the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. We are a team of caring individuals who invest our best ideas and efforts to help create innovative health coverage solutions that are accessible to all Georgians in our service area. We offer customers choice and flexibility in meeting their health plan needs. These options are continually fine-tuned to enhance access to affordable, quality health care coverage.
We offer Georgians a comprehensive array of benefit programs.
• Health plans designed to meet the needs of:
o Small and large employers
o Seniors (Medicare Supplemental Insurance)
• We also offer:
o Group life and disability insurance
o Dental and vision insurance
o 360° Health, the industry's most comprehensive health benefits solution
• We serve more than 3.2 million members in Georgia, including:
o Approximately 53,388 seniors
o 235,614 individuals (not covered by an employer health plan)
o 260,763 members who are small businesses and groups
• Our extensive network includes:
o 192 hospitals
o Approximately 16,348 primary care physicians and specialists
o Access across the country and worldwide through the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association BlueCard® Program
o We actively support wellness programs in Georgia.
• As the leading health plan in Georgia, BCBSGa has a responsibility to give back to the communities we serve—a responsibility to our members, our customers, our associates, our providers and our shareholders. We uphold this charitable responsibility through: Corporate Giving, Foundation Gifts, Associate Giving Campaigns and Sponsored Events.
• Our giving doesn't stop there! BCBSGa proudly sponsors the following events: American Heart Association Learn and Live, American Heart Association Heart Walk, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk to Cure Diabetes, United Way Day of Caring, AIDS Survival Project, Hands on Atlanta Day, American Cancer Society Relay For Life, Alzheimer's Associate Memory Walk and March of Dimes Walk America.