For 85 years Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota has made a healthy difference in people’s lives. A not-for-profit, taxable organization, Blue Cross was chartered in 1933 as Minnesota’s first health plan. Blue Cross continues to carry out its charter mission today as a health company: to promote a wider, more economical and timely availability of health services for the people of Minnesota.
More than 2.9 million people depend on Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota to manage their health needs. Blue Cross is the largest health insurance plan in the state, with members located throughout the Twin Cities and across Greater Minnesota. Blue Cross provides customized solutions for a range of different customers, including individuals; employers; and federal, state and local governments.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, which serves 100 million members in the United States.
Learn more at bluecrossmn.com.
• 2019 Best Insurance Companies by U.S. News & World Report
• 2018 Perfect Score for Human Rights Council Corporate Equality Index
• National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) best-rated Medicaid plan (2018)
• National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) best-rated commercial health plan (2018)
• 4.5-Star rating out of five stars on the Platinum BlueSM Cost plan
• 4-Star rating out of five stars on the SecureBlueSM Minnesota Senior Health Option plan.
• Kathleen Blatz (board chair and interim CEO) recognized for Lifetime Achievement – 2018 Outstanding Directors awards – Twin Cities Business Magazine